China Encounter 11-Day/9-Night Tour EX Pth/Br/Ad/Ak (Twin Share)
Beijing - Hangzhou - Suzhou - Shanghai
The Great Wall, cities of Beijing, Luoyang, Zhengzhou, and other iconic landmarks and breathtaking landscapes are all yours with this China Encounter 11-Day Holiday Tour.
Your China holiday will begin when you set out with your trip leader to discover Beijings imperial treasures. Stand in Tiananmen Square, one of the largest and grandest public plazas in the world before progressing on to the Forbidden City. Enter the imposing walls of the Forbidden City, once the exclusive domain of the Ming Dynasty, for an exclusive tour through this vast complex of courtyards and lanes.
Next, you will travel into the rugged mountain landscapes north of the city to the magnificent Great Wall of China. Once on top of this ancient defensive structure, youll find that some sections are quite steep, but the views are magnificent, and the experience is truly unforgettable. Then you will learn about Jade, Chinas most precious and celebrated stone, and its manufacturing process at the largest Jade factory in Beijing.In the morning, you will visit Temple of Heaven and practice the martial art of Tai Chi. The Temple of Heaven is a sprawling complex of religious buildings located in the south-eastern section of central Beijing. The site was constructed by the emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties who would host annual ceremonies of prayer for good harvest here. Relax and experience the oriental foot massage at a traditional Chinese medical centre where you will learn about alternative treatments for illness and have the chance to consult a Chinese Medical professional. Later this evening you will be transferred to Hangzhou by high speed train.
Travel to Hangzhou by high speed train where you will embark on a tour of Hangzhou city - renowned for its beauty and abundance of cultural heritage. You will then visit the West Lake area in Hangzhou, comprising of the West Lake and the surrounding hills. It is considered one of the most beautiful landscapes in China, and is home to numerous temples, pagodas, pavilions, gardens, causeways and artificial islands. Visit to a tea plantation, here you will learn about tea picking and processing.
- Optional Tour - Romance of Song Dynasty: AUD$60 pp
In Suzhou now, explore the Master of the Nets Garden, one of the finest gardens in China, and for which Suzhou is renowned. You will explore the garden and admire the effortless cohesion of art, nature, and architecture.
- Optional Tour - Grand Canal Boat Tour: AUD$40 pp
- Optional Tour - Huangpu River Cruise: AUD$50 pp
Finish your trip at your own leisure exploring this city. Shanghai is host to a great number of historical and cultural sites, so be sure to ask your tour guide for advice on the best places to visit.
This holiday offer
needs to be purchased
through TVSN and once
purchased SNA Tours
be in contact to
Once order is placed, SNA Tours will contact you to complete online reservation form. This form must be completed within 30 days from placing order.
- Inte rnational flights to and from Australia or New Zealand to China are included, as well as all domestic transfers within China.
- Your Ticket will be issued after final payment, prior to travel.
- Optional upgrades (e.g. Business Class Seats) are available upon request via SNA Tours direct.
- Please see itinerary tab for all terms & conditions (inclusion & exclusions) & departure dates available.
- Offer ends 11th November and is for 2020 travel.
- Please note that when visiting the Jade Factory or Chinese Medical Centre you may be asked to buy items. You are not obliged to, nor is it compulsory to purchase items at these places.
Country of Origin: AUSTRALIA